Malti Shanker

How to boost the self confidence of your child?

Rate this Entry
I have this friend of mine who is really apprehensive in context of her child’s future. Her child lacks self confidence. So, whenever there is a poetry test, even when he is verbatim with the words, he seldom speaks out anything. It is not just the case of school. When children bully him, he lets them do it. And when asked he keeps on looking down (as if it was his mistake). You can well imagine being parents yourself, how tedious it must be for my friend.

Other than ensuring that our child has sound physical health, it is equally important that they develop good personality traits. Self confidence is one such important trait.

It is really important to have self confidence. Confidence is a trust in yourself that you are correct. It is with confidence that you are able to voice out yourself in front of others. It is the confidence that makes you a good orator, a fine dancer or a good presenter. Whether entering a party or talking in a group of friends or simply conversing, confidence has a language of its own. Thus, if you have a kid whom you think lacks self confidence, then here are some tips which can come handy:-

• • Love your child- Many of you will muse and think that you do love your child. However, it is not just love and care which you need to nurture. You have to show your child unconditional love. Your kid needs to understand that whatsoever he does and whoever he becomes in the future, your love will not change. This is bound to give him a feeling of self worth.

• • Appreciate- It may be a small drawing he has made or some new dance move he tries, always appreciate him. You were not born to beget Picasso or Shakespeare or Einstein. It is absolutely alright if he makes mistakes. Every child has one quality which is endearing. Make sure to appreciate that. You will be surprised how with little appreciation your child blooms.

• • Do not compare- this is another of the biggest mistake that the most educated parents make. Why do you have to compare your child with everyone? Imagine you being compared with your colleague for your office work by your boss. If it is painful for you, it will be even more painful for the little one. You are his life. If you keep on making him look down, how will be showing his real talent.

• • Do not insult him in front of others- there are times when you might be really outraged at some act pursued by your child. Count to 10. Take a deep breath. Come home and talk to him about it. It is really inappropriate to scold your child in front of others. He will feel ashamed beyond boundaries. It is better to reach home and then talk to him about it.

• • Talk to him about his fears- Is there nothing you are afraid of? Water, height, speaking in front of others or doctors? When you all grown up, are still not able to conquer your fear, why do you expect the same from your child? Talk to him about your fears. Talk to him about his fears. Let him know that it is absolutely fine to be afraid. And then, slowly help him to deal with it.

Make these tips a part of your life. Children are like buds; let them bloom in their own way. You are in the world to take care of them, love them, and nurture them. So stay positive, be happy and love your child unconditionally. Happy parenting!

Updated 07-09-2016 at 12:04 PM by Malti Shanker

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Parenting & Pregnancy

Comments

When it comes to essay writing, you have to be vigilant to choose the right writing service. Some may be offering low-quality content at high rates while others may only be after your money. If you have experienced this, worry no more. Essay Writer UK is here to save your day. With a credible team of experts, you are deemed to receive a flawless paper at cheap rates. We ensure to follow your guidelines and deliver your order before the submission deadline. Have more questions? Let our Essaywriteruk and sales representatives guide you.
    Well crafted post. I really enjoy the way you have presented your ideas. Being a parent of two I can say that I worked almost on the same points to build confidence in my children. Being a new parent I used to read blogs at Online Assignment Help UK, they really helped me with strong recommendations and effective ideas.
    Boosting the self-confidence of your child is vital, and if you don't do this, then he will look for some college essay writing help, and he might never get it in his lifetime. That will affect him forever, and you should not let that happen.
    Yes, there is a need to boost the confidence of the child so that he can do well in his academic. You can hire the academic services from editnproofread as they help them out to edit their essay to stand out from the rest of the student.
    Yes, there is a need to boost the confidence of the child so that he can do well in his academic. You can hire the academic services from editnproofread as they help them out to edit their essay to stand out from the rest of the student.
    To build confidence in children is to enable themselves to take on tasks in which they are involved, and ensuring that they are carried out to completion. No matter what the challenge, it could be anything from swimming laps to challenging video game scores. The aim is for them all to keep to what they started, and at the finish, they get the touch of achievement. write my essay for me cheap
    Self-confidence is the most important thing in nurturing because if you are able to boost your child's' self-confidence then he/she is will be more confident in their life. Cheap Essay Writing Help UK helps those students who are not good at essay writing, so we provide them with helpful guidance.